Join Our Team
5 reasons to join The New Mummy Company team
- We have work for you and lots of it! We are ambitious and growing – come grow with us!
- Work with private families and their newborns, we have flexible shifts available.
- We make your life easy! From contract signing to efficient and on time payment we have a mature process.
- We know what we are doing! We are owned by a newborn care expert who has lived the role for over 21 years and knows the unique support you need.
- We have amazing clients! Great word of mouth referrals & repeat clients waiting to book you.
Current Open Positions
We have immediate opportunities for independent contractors (self employment) available right across Canada. We are constantly looking for amazing team members in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton and all surrounding areas to these cities.
- Newborn Care Specialists (Night Nannies) in Toronto, the wider GTHA & surrounding areas particularly the Halton region of Burlington and Oakville and Mississauga
- Newborn Care Specialists in Vancouver, the lower mainland & surrounding areas
- Newborn Care Specialists in Calgary & surrounding areas
- Newborn Care Specialists in Ottawa & surrounding areas
- Newborn Care Specialists in Edmonton & surrounding areas
- Baby & Infant CPR/First Aid Instructors in Vancouver, Edmonton & Ottawa
- Lactation Consultants in Vancouver, Edmonton & Ottawa
- Birth & Labour Doulas in Oakville, Mississauga, Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton & Ottawa
Job Code: ZOKO
Location: Etobicoke – 427 & East Mall
Start date: When baby arrives
EDD or age of baby: 26th December 2021
Duration: 2 months
Nights Requested: Monday to Friday
Method of feeding: Breastfeeding/pumping
Singleton or twins: Single
Job Code: SARJ
Location: Toronto – Mt Pleasant & Whitehall
Start date: When baby arrives
EDD or age of baby: 25th October 2021
Duration: 3 months
Nights Requested: 6 nights per week; if possible, Sunday to Friday
Method of feeding: Breastfeeding/pumping/formula
Singleton or twins: Single
Job Code: RANB
Location: Toronto – Woodbine & Kingston
Start date: When baby arrives
EDD or age of baby: 25th November 2021
Duration: 2-4 weeks, possibly longer
Nights Requested: 3 nights per week (possibly Mon, Weds & Fri)
Method of feeding: Combination
Singleton or twins: single
If you have recent demonstrable professional newborn and/or postpartum experience (not solely personal experience) along with a relevant qualification please send us your covering letter telling us more about you and what interests you in working with us & a current detailed resume to Recruitment@NewMummyCompany.ca
If you have more questions we would be delighted to discuss further with you, call us at our Oakville HQ office on 1-844-237-4686
Certified Postpartum Doulas & Birth Doulas
We have opportunities to work as a Postpartum Doula or Birth Doula across Canada. We have an awesome placement team who will take care of the client interaction, scheduling, payments & contract allowing you to do the job you love working with new parents & best of all those special newborn babies.
We have amazing clients looking for experienced and certified Postpartum Doulas & Birth Doulas now! Please apply with a detailed covering letter & current tailored resume to Recruitment@NewMummyCompany.ca
What Can We Offer You?
The New Mummy Company is an independently female owned and run Canadian company and we are proud to support families throughout their pregnancy and with the transition into parenthood. We have a great reputation which we protect at all costs, this reputation provides referrals and repeat clients and allows us to offer you a steady stream of work.
We have a wide range of positions available both from emergency last minute bookings through to advance bookings (up to 6 months ahead) allowing you to plan your commitments months in advance. We can meet your work and lifestyle choices as our bookings vary from short term bookings over a number of days through to months at a time whatever works best with your schedule.
We are growing as a company and we have more exciting plans for 2022 which will lead to new opportunities to diversify for our team members, our growth is built on a solid foundation of expertise. Our placement consultants are really great to work with and keep everything on track for you, from interview schedules to on time punctual invoice payments.
We are interviewing Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa and Calgary candidates right now so contact us today to find out more about working with us. Candidates interested in working as Newborn Care Specialists or Newborn Night Nannies who hold a Paediatric nursing background or experience as a Midwife can apply to fast track their application.
Zoom interviews are scheduled weekly. Contact us today! No delay in interviewing with us!
Most importantly, we offer you the job satisfaction gained from making the difference in someone’s life and dealing directly with newborns, this is a very rewarding role sharing in special moments with a family.
“I get amazing feedback from our Night Nannies about The New Mummy Company, I’d like to think this is because I know what is involved to walk in your shoes, I understand the challenges you face, the skills you possess and the fantastic personal rewards of being a Night Nanny. We would love for you to join us and feel that appreciation for yourself” Founder & CEO – Maria Robertson
What Do We Look For In A Team Member?
As a Night Nanny, Newborn Care Specialist or Postpartum Doula you will be in sole charge of a newborn in a family home, this takes a certain skill, a passionate person who has confidence to work with the baby and the family as a whole.
We look specifically at three areas :
Training and Qualifications; do you have relevant qualifications dealing directly with pregnant women, new mothers and newborns? We love to see a commitment to continuous professional development.
For example, the vast majority of our team have a nursing or midwifery qualification (including overseas nursing or midwifery training), Paediatric Nursing, Doula’s, Baby Nurse/Maternity Nurse training, NNEB, MNT etc.
Secondly, do you have demonstrable experience working with newborns and new parents in a professional capacity? Recent experience (within the last 3 years) is required for safety reasons. Do you have experience in a Paediatric nursing or in a labour & delivery setting? Midwifery or breastfeeding support? Can you provide references who will confirm your role and your recent relevant experience?
Lastly, and sometimes the most important aspect, is your personality and nature.
- A love of working with new parents and babies
- Confidence in teaching new parents
- Natural instincts when caring for new parents and babies
- Excellent communication skills
- Sensitive nature and ability to listen to new parents
- Compassion and common sense
- Respect for privacy and confidentiality
“It is all my pleasure working with such a professional team. I am so grateful that I have joined this company. As soon as I became one of the members, I got my shifts so quickly and it was beyond my imagination that how quickly they set up interviews and job positions. I enjoy every minute working with this delightful team. They are all so sweet, wonderful, friendly and so respectful. I am so pleased that I work with Maria and her professional team.” Bita – Night Nanny
What Do We Need Before We Can Bring You On Board?
We are extremely diligent about who we bring into our team and we make no apologies for the stringent level of detail we require before we can on board you to the team. You can speed up the process in applying to work with us by having the following documentation ready to supply to us once we have reviewed your resume and application form.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening – Police Check
- CPR Certificate
- Background Checks
- Proof of Qualifications
- Full resume with career history
- References from relevant nursing, midwifery, childcare positions
- Ability to attend an in person interview and orientation induction
I would say that I love working for NMCO. because you are always professional and respectful which makes me feel appreciated!! – Ira – Night Nanny
Thinking of joining our team?
* Do you have recent professional experience working with newborn babies and their parents?
* Are you interested in working as an independent contractor?
* Are you looking for anything from one to five night/day shifts per week?
Then this could be a great opportunity for you!
What are the responsibilities of a Night Nanny?
* Support for the new mother in her own home
* Sole charge of newborn baby or babies
* Assist and support breastfeeding and/or pumping
* Clean and sterilize pumping and feeding equipment
* Prepare formula and/or storage of breast milk
* Diaper, bathe, burp and swaddle baby/babies
*Restocking and tidying the nursery
What are the must have requirements for our Newborn Care Specialists?
* Must have a minimum of two years’ newborn professional work experience in the past three years, and a relevant qualification, such as Midwife, Paediatric Nurse, Postpartum Doulas, Newborn Care Specialists (NCS), Maternity Nurses and Baby Nurses.
* Demonstrable recent professional experience working with newborn babies and their parents
* Professional experience with breastfeeding, breastmilk storage, formula preparation, diapering, bathing, feeding, burping & swaddling – this is essential as parents will be looking to you for information and training.
* Be available to work various shifts, most requested by clients are night shifts of 8 to 12 hours.
* Being able to drive yourself to locations is a huge advantage (particularly at the moment due to Covid-19).
- Recent Professional Postpartum/New Born Care: 2 years